Love is in the air so why not serve up something sweet (and healthy, too) to your sweetheart this Valentine’s day? These seven-ingredient love bites are perfectly decadent, guilt-free and sure to win over hearts. And since February happens to be Heart Month, we’ve added some heart-healthy ingredients like strawberries and coconut oil too.
Strawberries may help protect against heart disease due to their anthocyanin and quercetin content. A 2019 study reports anthocyanin has links with a lower risk of heart attacks.
And here’s a sweet surprise – while extremely high in saturated fat, coconut oil is actually quite heart-friendly since it can raise HDL ("good") cholesterol.
Finally, we added our Collagen Peptides to keep you looking and feeling your best not just for Valentine's but all year round. When it comes to skin, taking a hydrolyzed collagen supplement daily may improve skin laxity, density and hydration. Essentially giving you that coveted glow we all desire.
Skip the store-bought treats filled with sugar and artificial ingredients and whip up a batch of these berry amazing love bites today!
- 3 ounces freeze dried strawberries
- ¾ cup diced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup extra fine shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 scoop of Double Wood Collagen Peptides
- ⅛ cup coconut oil NOT melted plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil for thinning the chocolate
- ¾ cup allergy-friendly white chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup milk chocolate chips (optional for drizzle)
- Add the freeze dried strawberries to a food processor until a fine powder forms. Put aside in a medium bowl (you should have about one cup).
- Add the diced strawberries to the food processor and blend until pureed.
- Mix the puree with the powdered strawberries, shredded coconut, collagen and softened coconut oil in a bowl until a paste forms.
- Add more of the pureed strawberries (a little bit at a time) if the dough is too dry.
- Using your hands roll the strawberry paste into ¾-inch balls and chill in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Using a double boiler, melt the white and milk chocolate chips. You can add coconut oil to thin out the chocolate.
- Dip the strawberry balls into the white chocolate and place back into the fridge to cool.
- Once all are dipped and cooled, drizzle with the last bit of the milk chocolate and chill until your ready to enjoy!